Wood flooring makes the floor look attractive and it changes the whole ambiance of the floor. There are many different colors to choose from which will help in giving a fresh new look to the floors. The life of wood flooring is enough to keep your floor remain protected and look beautiful for years to come. In the process of restore wood flooring, the damaged wood of the floor is replaced with a fresh new layer of wood by re-applying with new coats of lacquer and oil.
Why you should restore wooden flooring?
- When a house already has wooden flooring, it acts as a protective shield and can improve the safety of the already existing floor.
- House owners usually become bored of seeing the same design of their house, again and again, wood flooring can freshen up the look of the whole house.
- Wooden flooring is non-slippery that adds to the safety features of your house.
- If your floor has scratches and they start to lose their color then it can help restore the floor’s color and condition.
- If you are about to sell your house then this can help in attracting potential buyers.
Advantages of wood flooring:
- The wooden style is never out of trend
- Gives your house country rustic vibes and also looks aesthetic
- Property becomes more valuable
- It can last for many years as it is durable
- This process is not time-consuming
How to restore wood flooring?
- Clean the floor properly and apply stain to the wood if you want to change the color of your floor. Then the stain should be left to dry for four hours.
- Apply a primer that will help the lacquer in sticking to the floor. After that apply the first coat of lacquer and let it dry,
- After 4 hours apply the second layer of lacquer and wait for 24 hours before using the floor again.
If you have bought a new house then this process becomes very important. It can take a few days as many steps are involved but, in the end, it is worth the time and effort. There are many options in the market for the customers to choose from where to get this process done. Many people prefer to do this by themselves, but if you are running short of time then taking the help of professionals is the only option left.